Saturday, December 15, 2007

More To Read

Apparently, Andrew Trigg has written a book Marxian Reproduction Schema: Money and Aggregate Demand in a Capitalist Economy (Routledge, 2006) on the topics of my post. He relates Marx's schemes for simple and expanded reproduction to Keynes' theory of effective demand, Kalecki's idea that capitalists "get what they spend", input-output analysis, and post-war growth models. At least a chapter discusses money and finance in this approach, including circuitist models. In my exposition, I put aside the labor theory of value. Trigg, on the other hand, discusses the transformation problem and whether or not a tendency exists for the rate of profit to decline.

I don't know if I'll purchase this book. Mike Beggs should be interested in it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Robert,

Thanks for this, I'll check it out.

Athos said...

Hi Robert,

you'll find some food for thought here:

Dualistic Monism & Labor theory of value

Absolute Prices

The second is based on Sraffa's framework in Production of Commodities....
The first is a short non-formal synthesis of the second.

Have fun!

Roberto